This past Saturday evening (Dec.15), our dog Leo, a 3-year old, 9 lb Brussels Griffon, was chewing on a rawhide stick when he choked. My wife and I were able to save his life by using our finger to dislodge the rawhide after nearly a minute of him not breathing. Another minute he would not be with us.

It is very important to watch what treats you give your dog, but more important to be able to perform life saving techniques for times of emergency. It takes only seconds to google topics on how to save a choking dog. He is loved dearly by us and our family and it would have been a tragedy to lose him before the Holidays.

Stephen from KY